Monday, March 7, 2011

Make it happen ya'll!

We're hitting the streets tomorrow evening and I hope all ya'll can join us; wouldn't that be fantastic?!?! The groups been small lately, as we seem in a continual rebuilding phase. I know that often times life gets in the way of philanthropy, but you are reading this blog for a reason, so I urge EVERYONE to take a few hours and a few dollars and come help us help people in need.  


Most of ya'll know the drill; Meet at the park in the NW corner of Pike Market at 7:30pm.  We usually congregate on the north end of the park, near the concrete circle, in front of the sea food restaurant Cutters Bayhouse.  Come with about 12 snack packs made and ready to distribute.  I'll be the big guy in the Sounders jacket and backward ball cap.  Leave time for parking as it can be touchy, though there is lots of free street parking.  Be flexible, sometimes it takes us 10 minutes, sometimes it takes us an hour; but either way people are fed and smiles are seen.  

That's that for now, let me know if you have any questions!

--

ToddS
blog: http://feedseattle.blogspot.com/
twitter: @feedseattle

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

Hi, I've never joined you before, but would love to help tomorrow. Can you give me an idea of what to put in a snack pack (quantity, etc.)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

For a number of reasons I usually use gallon ziplock bags, though plastic grocery bags will work as well. Then I put in a drink (water or juice), 2 pieces of fruit (they REALLY like bananas), granola bar, chips, and something sweet like cookies. Some people like to make sandwiches, since I usually don't I put in a couple pieces of fruit instead.

Essentially a liquid, main item (sandwich, or fruit for me), and 2-4 other items.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

ToddS