Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fourth Feed next week!

Our fourth street outreach event is next Tuesday, the 9th. The group I was in last time had some great suggestions, and one that I would like to attempt to implement right away. We are going to try out making PB&J sandwiches for the bags. I think that's a good idea to get something slightly more substantial in the bags and still keep the costs down. I've done the PB&J thing for street outreach before, but we were making like 30 and not 200, so this will be a fun experiment. Having said all that, let me know if ...

A. You will be able to serve with us on the 9th starting at 7pm.
B. if you can arrive a bit early, shooting for 6:15, and help us make mucho mucho PB&J sannys; hoping to get at least 6 people who can show up early.

That's that. I will leave you with a few reminders for the people who are thinking about joining for the first time ....

1. Bring a backpack if at all possible, or something to hold 10-12 sack lunches. I will have grocery bags available for you to use if needed.
2. Bring $10, or more, to pitch in for food for the next event. You guys donated $210 last time and every penny, and more, was spent for the food next week; I'm excited that a fully volunteer funded group is a viable business model. THANKS GUYS!
3. Parking can be tough, but there should be street parking and since it's past 6pm it should be free. If not there is a cheap pay lot the next block up on the same side of the street.
4. A few of us often go out for beers afterward, if you are intersted in some chit chat let me know before we head out.

That's that for now!

ToddS
todd at wetfoot dot net
http://feedseattle.blogspot.com/

No comments: