Monday, December 15, 2008

(impromptu) Fifth Feed - Planning

On my walk to work this morning I was very thankful that I only have 10 blocks to go, I was chilled to the bone when I got here. I started thinking about all the homeless sleeping on the streets this week, so sad. I was thinking about emailing all ya'll and putting together an extra street outreach event to get some additional hottie hand warmers out in the community. Then, just moments ago, a friend called me and stated that his church had hundreds of blankets and cases of hotties that they are ready to give out and would like us to help coordinate the effort.

So this Wednesday evening, from approximately 8pm to 10pm, we are going to partner with a church from Bellevue to help the homeless in Seattle stay just a bit warmer in these frigid temperatures. We are still figuring out the specifics and the process, so PLEASE be flexible, but we will likely be meeting at the normal place about 8pm to get started. If you can make it let me know!

If not no worries, we are still on for the 23rd.

ToddS

2 comments:

Erin Marie Kinneen said...

Where is the meet up place, Todd? Thanks for your help.

-Erin

ACE said...

Are we feeding too? Or is this just blankets and hand warmers...?